Jan 11, 2008

Even A Cat Do It...

My husband called her ‘Beti’, taken from ‘Belang Tiga’. She’s a three-colored cat used to hanging around our house. My male cat Garfield used to be her boyfriend, and for once or twice he had shared his meal with her in our backyard, so that finally she has been comfortable live in there until now.

Few months ago, she gave birth to three cute little kittens. Two of them are black-white striped, and the other one is yellow (that lately I haven’t seen, sadly it maybe died). Now the two kittens are strong enough to run and play. If I peek through the kitchen window, I often see them playing and teasing each other, around the open roof outside.


I feed Beti rarely, coz I don’t always have foods to share and I'm worried if she depends on me much, she won’t be able to struggle for her own food. One day, I heard Beti grumbling noisily in front of the kitchen’s door and the moment I opened it, I took pity on her. She looked very thin! Then I found her cold fried fish in my fridge. As I threw it, she grabbed it quickly and put it into her mouth.

I wouldn’t pay more attention if only her shouting didn’t get louder and annoyed me. I almost drove her away but then I saw her below the stairs, look up towards an empty space around the open roof. Wonder what she was doing, I watched and waited what was going to happen. Not so long, the two kittens appeared at the upper of the stairs and welcoming their mother with the same noise.

Seeing her two kids were appearing, she climbed up the stairs. Then I saw Beti was giving all the food to her babies without herself eating the food. Oh.. it’s very touching. She’s a responsible mom-cat indeed!!! I’ll keep this in mind that even a cat would take good care of their children, a lesson to remember when someday I’ve had my own. Bravo, Beti…!